This agency is ratified by NMC and as it is owned by qualified nurses as we are aware of the intricacies that nursing holds. We will also be evaluating the service to improve the retention of nursing staff.
As part of the formal agreement and request for the rate for all shifts our agency will be providing the following as standard part of our instruction:
- 24/7 clinical helpline
- Full training to equip the staff for their role within the Prison.
- Support nurses on shadow shift to ensure they understand what is required of them.
- Ensure staff competencies are continually up to date.
- Assist with Revalidation of nurses.
- Assist with System One, Key training and radio training.
- Provide Identification, photo, competencies and skills on commencement of first shift to the prison.
- Ensure there are sufficient skill mixes on shift.
- Support with staff vetting procedure.
- Give access to Prison / Bridgewater to our online system to enable them to have up to date information on the booking system.
- Staff to agree to commit to long term temporary contracts as well as some ad – hoc when required so that staffing levels are always maintained.
- As also discussed the agency will assist with the formal recruitment of full-time nursing staff for the prison however an additional fee will be required should we be successful with a placement.
Moving forward we will be in a position to provide this model to Offender Health Care for all Healthcare suppliers to Prisons.
Care Forward Nursing Solutions have also researched into the possibility of placing pre and post grad nurses into employment within the Prison service and our role will be to approach Universities and provide information to the role on recruitment and open days.
Our Agency would provide 6 month preceptorship with a mentor
All our nurses and G.P’s are regulated.